2 Sycamore Street Westminster, Maryland 21157
Tel.: 410-857-7953 - Commander@CarrollPost31.org
Post Commander Richard Stem
Post Adjutant Rick Richard
Carroll Post 31 was chartered on August 16th, 1919. Being handicapped in membership on account of another Veterans organization in the community, they lost their charter in May 1928. On April 29th, 1929, Carroll Post 31 received a temporary charter. Our permanent charter was received on October 26th, 1932.
1932: Stafford Cup - Membership
1933: Abbott Cup - Membership
Meetings were originally held in the "new" State Armory building on Longwell Ave in Westminster up until February 1940. Afterwards, they were held at Gehr's Hardware Store on Liberty Street.
On September 21st, 1944, Carroll Post 31 bought property at 104-106 East Main Street in Westminster. The property was then sold to purchase our current Post at 2 Sycamore Street Westminster, Maryland 21157 on July 7th, 1947.
On January 23rd, 1948, Carroll Post 31 held its first 'Open House' in its new home. On June 12th, 1948, a dedication was held for "Legion Square".
In the fall of 1949, Carroll Post 31 underwent its first renovation, an addition to left side of the Post.
Almost 30 years later, the roof was redesigned and afixed with a 'peak' roof in April 1978.
In July 1982, ground was broke for the, now, parking lot. Pictured below: Henry Mathias, Paul Staley, Cmdr Wayne Spencer
The last addition, renovation and expansion project occurred in 1987.