Saturday October 28th, 2017
Registration 6:00PM - Parade 7:00PM
NO RAIN DATE
|Parade Information||Parade Registration Form|
Halloween Safety Parade Rules
- All participants must adhere to Public Safety Officials.
- All entrants, vehicles, floats must be in family-friendly, themed decorations and/or costumes
- No stopping for performances along parade route – except in front of Judging Station @ Stockdale’s Auto Sales for review (10-30 seconds only).
- No throwing of candy. Candy can be handed out only.
- No political campaigning or hand-outs permitted.
- Registration/Parade formation begins at 6:00PM at The American Legion tent in front of the Masonic Lodge on Monroe St.
- Parade will kick off sharply at 7:00PM. Participants must pick-up registration number to proceed in parade.
- Registration number must be visible to judges. Place on right shoulder, or right-front side of vehicles/floats.
- Participants must stay on parade route. Parade will begin on Monroe St, turn left on Pennsylvania Ave, then turn left on Main St. From Main St., the parade will continue until turning left on Longwell Ave and ending at the Old Armory at Longwell Ave. Participants should enter through Englar Road.
- Awards will not be handed out after the Parade. Participants who win awards will be notified by email and/or phone. Awardees will also be announced in the Carroll County Times. Be sure to hold onto your Registration Number to claim your award.
- Animal units must provide manure clean-up.
- Driving in an unsafe manner will result in immediate removal from the parade.
- No skateboards, in-line skates, bicycles, roller blades, motorized dirt bikes are permitted.
Cash prizes, courtesy of The American Legion, will be awarded. All award winners will be notified via email and/or phone in the following week of the parade. You must be registered with a number and the number needs to be turned in to receive your prize!
The following categories are judged:
- Youngest Child
- Child's Special Prize
- Halloween Spirit Award (Individual & Group)
- Most Original (1st & 2nd Place)
- Most Original Group
- Most Elaborate Individual
- Special Group Award (1st & 2nd Place)
- Scariest (Individual & Group)
- Judge's Choice
- Float (1st, 2nd & 3rd Place)
- Drum and Majorette Group